We all have fears. Even we adults, who are rational and experienced people, have fears. Sometimes we adults have fear of the dark. When my husband is out of town, suddenly my dark house seems very scary! If I, as an adult, can be scared sometimes, it isn’t surprising that children are also at times scared of the dark.
Fears can be a normal part of development. As children get older and have imaginations, they can be scared of the dark. As you approach the situation when your child is afraid of the dark, try to remain patient and understanding. Remember that sometimes you are afraid of the unknown also and also that fear is a normal thing. Here are some ways to help your child when she is scared of the dark.”
Continue reading more on Val’s blog HERE
This week the ladies of the BFBN (Babywise Friendly Blogging Network) are talking about the topic of ‘Fear’. See the below schedule for specific topics and the days they will be posted!
- Monday: Valerie from Chronicles of a Babywise Mom – What To Do When Your Child Is Scared of the Dark
- Tuesday: Natasha from Let’s Be Brave – 9 Ways To Teach Kids Bravery
- Tuesday: Katrina from Mama’s Organized Chaos – How To Easer Your Toddler’s Fears
- Wednesday: Christine from Christine Keys – 3 Powerful Ways To Conquer Your Toddler’s Irrational Fears
- Wednesday: Carrie from Wiley Adventures – Managing Fears At Bedtime
- Thursday: Kimberly from Team Cartwright – Real vs. Fake Fear: How to Distinguish Between the Two
- Friday: Emily from The Journey of Parenthood – How To Help Prevent Childhood Fears
Pop in tomorrow to see a snippet of the next post. 🙂
Until next time!