5 Week Pregnancy Update!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Week 5 is here and I’m excited to share my 5 week pregnancy update.
I was able to get an important milestone met, and gosh, the naps…give me allllll the naps!
Table of Contents
- 5 Week Pregnancy Update: Overview
- 5 Week Pregnancy Update: Major Symptoms
- 5 Week Pregnancy Update: Minor Symptoms
- Pregnancy Updates
- 4 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 5 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 6 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 7 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 8 & 9 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 10 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 13 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 14 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 15 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 16 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 20 Week Pregnancy Update & Gender Reveal!
- 21 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 22 Week Pregnancy Update!
- 23 Week Pregnancy Update: Coping With SPD
- 24 Week Pregnancy Update: The Importance of a Support System
- 25 Week Pregnancy Update: Breastfeeding vs Formula
- 26 Week Pregnancy Update: When Nesting Turns Into Renovating!
- 27 Week Pregnancy Update: Tips for Sciatica
- 28 Week Pregnancy Update: Time to Get Real
- 29 Week Pregnancy Update: Prenatal Depression?
- 30 Week Pregnancy Update: Nursery Sneak Peek!
- 31 Week Pregnancy Update: Adjusting Expectations
- 32 Week Pregnancy Update: A Trip to After Hours
- 33 Week Pregnancy Update: Counting Down the Days
- 34 Week Pregnancy Update: Packing the Hospital Bag!
- 35 Week Pregnancy Update: Dealing with Backache
- 36 Week Pregnancy Update: Signs of Early Labour
- 37 Week Pregnancy Update: Finally at Term!
5 Week Pregnancy Update: Overview
Everything was more intense this week. Morning (or all day) sickness showed up as well as some food aversion. I took advantage of my kids’ nap time this week and joined them in having a siesta. 🙂
I was able to secure a midwife who ordered me some antenatal bloods as well as a dating scan. At this stage, I’m booked in for my scan on the 21st March 2018.
According to my dates, I’ll be about 7.5 weeks along.
I went and had my blood tests done, and seeing as I haven’t heard anything back, I’m assuming they were all fine.
Once I’ve had my dating scan I’ll be setting a date to meet up with my midwife.
5 Week Pregnancy Update: Major Symptoms
All day every day. Well, actually, I felt pretty great from 6-10am, but after that, it just went downhill.
Thankfully, both of my children nap at the same time so it gives me the opportunity to rest as well.
Don’t even breathe near them! They hurt so badly, and because I have two toddlers that are always climbing on me, I’m constantly yelping in pain.
Hopefully, the pain will settle down a bit, but for now, I’m just having to deal with it.
Not terrible, but constantly there, and definitely worse a little while after eating a meal.
It is that hungry kind of nausea that makes me want to eat something to satisfy it, but nothing sounds good. Ugh.
Food aversion is definitely a thing and all I want are big hearty meals. Snacks are not appealing at all.
I never had this symptom with my other pregnancies, but this time around I am so thirsty.
I didn’t even realise it was a pregnancy symptom until I research it.
But, I am thirsty all the time.
My mouth gets dry really quickly and I’m constantly reaching for my water bottle.
Unfortunately, water is not appealing at the moment, so I’m trying to be creative when it comes to consuming fluids.
5 Week Pregnancy Update: Minor Symptoms
I had a couple days here and there where it made me uncomfortable, but nothing too bad. However, by the end of the day, I’ve got quite the pooch going on.
Combined with weakened muscles from my previous pregnancies, the bloating makes for a bit of a tummy. So much so that I had to change the shirt I was wearing before my parents came around the other day.
We’re not quite ready to share our news yet, so I didn’t want to give it away.
This is one of my least favourite symptoms.
Perhaps its the pregnancy, perhaps its anxiety, perhaps its the full moon? Who knows, but I’m stru-ggl-ing to sleep, guys!
I’m just uncomfortable and finding it difficult to stay asleep for more than a couple hours.
I do not cry at the drop of a hat. I left those days behind along with my teenagehood. Now I have to be REALLY upset to cry, but this week every little thing was setting me off.
It could be happy or sad, either way, I teared up. Thanks, pregnancy hormones!
Until next time!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Hi! I’m Christine. I am a former registered nurse, turned stay-at-home mom, turned work-at-home mom!
Motherhood has always been my passion and blogging has only added to that and given me a creative outlet to share about the things I love.
As my blog has grown, my desire to share the knowledge of what makes my life less stressful, simplified, and more fulfilled has become one of my driving forces.
I have a heart for mothers that feel as though they are just existing from day to day and are longing for more. You can find out more about me and my family over on my ‘About Me‘ page.
As well as the abundance of posts you’ll find on my blog, you can also find me over at Today Parenting.